In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself 3ds Max in 24 Hours will help you master Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 and use it to create outstanding 3D content for games, video, film, and motion graphics. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master powerful 3ds Max tools for modeling, animation, rendering, compositing, and more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common 3ds Max tasks.
“Try It Yourself” guided mini tutorials offer quick hands-on experience with 3ds Max’s key tools.
Quizzes and exercises test your knowledge.
Notes, tips, and cautions offer extra information and alert you to possible problems.
Learn how to...
Quickly get comfortable with the 3ds Max 2014 interface
Create, move, and modify 3D objects
Edit and tweak the elements of any object
Start modeling hard-surface and organic objects
Work with materials and textures
Explore and create animation
Illuminate scenes with lighting
Use cameras to control a scene’s point of view
Render 3D creations for production
Rig and skin objects, making them easier to animate
Learn the 12 essential principles of character animation
Create devastating dynamic simulations
Add visual effects, cloth, hair, and fur
Automate repetitive tasks with MAXScript
Create a professional-quality showcase
The accompanying DVD/website contain how-to
videos for dozens of key 3ds Max 2014 tasks, extensive sample art
and models, and additional bonus content.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Sams Teach Yourself 3ds Max® in 24 Hours
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Hour 1. Introduction
- Hour 2. Exploring the Interface
- Hour 3. Navigating the Viewports
- Hour 4. Primitives and Transforms
- Hour 5. 3ds Max Modifiers
- Hour 6. Sub-Object Exploration
- Hour 7. 3D Modeling
- Hour 8. Materials and Textures
- Hour 9. Computer Animation
- Hour 10. Illuminating Scenes Using Lights
- Hour 11. Adding and Editing 3D Cameras
- Hour 12. Rendering for Production
- Hour 13. Combining Techniques to Create a Showcase
- Hour 14. Rigging Objects for Easier Animation
- Hour 15. Influencing Geometry Using Skinning Techniques
- Hour 16. Character Animation
- Hour 17. Dynamic Simulations
- Hour 18. Particles and Effects
- Hour 19. Cloth, Hair, and Fur Creation
- Hour 20. Mental Ray Rendering
- Hour 21. 3ds Max Project Management Techniques
- Hour 22. Combining Advanced Techniques to Create a Showcase
- Hour 23. Scripting in 3ds Max Using MAXScript
- Hour 24. Conclusion
- Where are the Companion Content Files?
- Title: 3ds Max in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780133497274