Book DescriptionThe book will provide insider tips, traps, and techniques on how to create 3d assets for use in computer games and simulation systems. The book will consist of a series of tutorials, starting with simpler models and moving up to more complex builds. As the book comes to us directly from successful game artists within commercial game development circles (Gahan + contributors) aspiring game artists will also find keen insights on how to get ahead in the game industry, i.e. how to prepare your personal portfolio to provide an edge in this extremely competitive world of game development.
The strength of this book is that it teaches all of the important game modeling elements of 3ds Max: character modeling, environment modeling, mapping. The book covers how to model, texture and animate credible game characters and levels using 3ds max. As readers move from tutorial to tutorial, they will be building their own portfolio of high quality work.
The DVD contains countless examples of what's hot and what's not in 3D modeling and also enough support images and photos to keep the budding artist busy for months; Features:
-step-by-step project files for each chapter
-all the relevant texture files and source photos used to create the texture maps applied to the 3D projects.
-extras: panoramic skies, small scene objects and a many texture maps and models so that artists can create whole scenes very quickly without starting from scratch each time.
-royalty free stock photos that artists can use in their own texture maps, models and scenes.
Table of Contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Low-Poly Asset 1 (Cardboard Box)
- Chapter 2: Low-Poly Asset 2 (Oil Drum)
- Chapter 3: Creating Texture Maps from Photographs
- Chapter 4: Normal Mapping
- Chapter 5: Creating Complex Objects from Primitives
- Chapter 6: Low-Poly Vehicle
- Chapter 7: High and Low Poly Characters
- Chapter 8: Mid-Poly Environment
- Chapter 9: Portfolio and Interview
- Title: 3ds Max Modeling for Games
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9780240810614