Appendix B. Presentation Checklists
The Four Critical Questions
- What is your Point B?
- Who is your audience, and what is their WIIFY?
- What are your Roman Columns?
- Why have you put the Roman Columns in a particular order? In other words, which Flow Structure have you chosen?
- “This is important to you because . . . ” (The presenter fills in the blank.)
- “What does this mean to you?” (The presenter explains.)
- “Why am I telling you this?” (The presenter explains.)
- “Who cares?” (“You should care, because . . . ”)
- “So what?” (“Here’s what . . . ”)
- “And . . . ?” (“Here’s the WIIFY . . . ”)
Seven Classic Opening Gambits
- Question. A question directed at the members of the audience.
- Factoid. A striking statistic ...
Get 5 Business Skills Every IT Pro Must Master (Collection) now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.