Who am I? Who are you?
This activity is designed to facilitate understanding of one’s business counterparts, based on
the principle “Let them talk.”
At the end of the activity, participants will have
• actively examined their personal needs in relation to working with a new set of
• obtained a better understanding of their new colleagues.
This activity targets international groups of up to 12 people who will be working together.
60 minutes (plus an optional 30 minutes). For additional rounds, allow 30 minutes for stage 2.
• One leaflet (Handout 1) per participant
• Pens or pencils
• Flipcharts and markers
• This works best when participants are seated close together, on chairs arranged in a circle
1. Distribute leaflets to participants. Ask them to individually make notes (20 minutes). In an
event held over several days, you can save time by distributing the leaflets as “homework”
on the first evening and running the activity on the second day. This has the added benefit
of allowing the participants more time to reflect.
2. For small groups of three to four participants, have the groups use their notes as a basis for
exchanging information. Group members concentrate on one person at a time, asking
questions related to the leaflets as they see fit (30 minutes).