In this chapter, the reader is introduced to Timer/Counter interrupts of 8051 and 8052. After completion of the chapter, the reader would be able to understand
- Overall functioning of Timer interrupts.
- How Timer interrupt works.
- Counters and Counter interrupts.
- Generating time delay by using Timers.
- Functions of different SFRs related to Timer/Counter interrupts.
- How to develop Timer/Counter Interrupt Service Routines.
15.1 | Introduction
In the previous chapter, we discussed about the general features of interrupts. This included their basic characteristics, operational details, vector addresses and priorities. From these discussions, it might be recalled that 8051 offers two Timers/Counters, ...