A Beginner's Guide to Circuits is the perfect first step for anyone ready to jump into the world of electronics and circuit design.
First, you’ll learn to read circuit diagrams and use a breadboard, which allows you to connect electrical components without using a hot soldering iron! Next, you’ll build nine simple projects using just a handful of readily available components, like resistors, transistors, capacitors, and other parts. As you build, you’ll learn what each component does, how it works, and how to combine components to achieve new and interesting effects.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to build your own electronic creations. With easy-to-follow directions, anyone can become an inventor with the help of A Beginner’s Guide to Circuits!
Build These 9 Simple Circuits!
• Steady-Hand Game: Test your nerves using a wire and a buzzer to create an Operation-style game!
• Touch-Enabled Light: Turn on a light with your finger!
• Cookie Jar Alarm: Catch cookie thieves red-handed with this contraption.
• Night-Light: Automatically turn on a light when it gets dark.
• Blinking LED: This classic circuit blinks an LED.
• Party Lights: Throw a party with these charming string lights.
• Railroad Crossing Light: Danger! Don’t cross the tracks if this circuit’s pair of lights is flashing.
• Digital Piano: Play a tune with this simple synthesizer and learn how speakers work.
• LED Marquee: Put on a light show and impress your friends with this flashy finale.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- ABOUT THE TECHNICAL REVIEWER
- BRIEF CONTENTS
- CONTENTS IN DETAIL
- BUILD YOUR FIRST BREADBOARD CIRCUIT
- PROJECT 1: THE STEADY-HAND GAME
- PROJECT 2: THE TOUCH-ENABLED LIGHT
- PROJECT 3: THE COOKIE JAR ALARM
- PROJECT 4: THE NIGHT-LIGHT
- PROJECT 5: THE BLINKING LED
- PROJECT 6: THE RAILROAD CROSSING LIGHT
- PROJECT 7: THE PARTY LIGHTS
- PROJECT 8: THE DIGITAL PIANO
- PROJECT 9: THE LED MARQUEE
- WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
- RESISTOR COLOR CODES
- Title: A Beginner's Guide to Circuits
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): No Starch Press
- ISBN: 9781593279042
You might also like
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Effective Python: 90 Specific Ways to Write Better Python, 2nd Edition
Updated and Expanded for Python 3 It’s easy to start developing programs with Python, which is …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …