12 Questions to Help You Find Your Ideal Career
Professionals in IT are struggling with these questions:
How do I make a career change?
What do I do for a career?
How do I advance in IT?
You are being bombarded with reams and reams of data concerning what is hot and what is not, what jobs are paying a living wage and which are not, which technologies are dying and which are getting ready to launch. Between all the salary surveys, expert opinions, gurus, and talking heads predicting where the sector is going, trying to make a career decision in this sector is mind-numbing.
You and you alone are the person who has to make the decision. No one else can make it for you. But to make the right decision, you have to ask the right questions. We often are so emotionally embroiled in the struggle that we might overlook the obvious: the questions that will direct us in the correct path.
With Warren Wyrostek’s guidance through a series of 12 targeted questions, you will get a chance to diagnose and treat your career, providing you with an excellent career prognosis. Are you ready to make a change?
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Genesis
- Chapter 2. What Do You Want to Do? (Goals!)
- Chapter 3. What Do You Like to Do? (Pleasure and Passion!)
- Chapter 4. What Can You Do? (Restrictions!)
- Chapter 5. What Can You Afford to Do? (Economic Reality! Ugh!!)
- Chapter 6. What Do You Know How to Do? (Knowledge and Experience!)
- Chapter 7. Where Do You Want to Do What You Want to Do? (Location, Location, Location!)
- Chapter 8. Who Do You Want to Do This With? (Community?!)
- Chapter 9. What Is the Expected Life Cycle for What You Want to Do? (Time Is Everything!)
- Chapter 10. What Do You Need to Get Started? (Laying a Foundation!)
- Chapter 11. How Willing Are You to Change? (Flexibility!)
- Chapter 12. What Is Your Chance of Fulfillment? (Not Success, but Fulfillment!)
- Chapter 13. What Are You Waiting For? What Is Stopping You? (Lift Off and Enjoy the Ride!)
- Conclusions: What Is Your Call? What Is Your Vocation? What Is Your Purpose? What Is Your Reason for Being?
- Appendix: “The KEY to Finding a Good Job in IT”
- Title: A Career-Changer’s Checklist: Twelve Common-Sense Questions to Find Your Career
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): InformIT
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, Sixth Edition, 6th Edition
Learn electricity and electronics fundamentals and applications—all without taking a formal course This fully updated guide …
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
Cracking the Tech Career: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Google, Microsoft, Apple, or any Top Tech Company
Become the applicant Google can't turn down Cracking the Tech Career is the job seeker's guide …
Employee to Entrepreneur
Make the leap and become an entrepreneur today Are you living for the weekend? Are you …