• Offers a comprehensive guide to understanding business statistics targeting business and economics students and professionals
• Introduces the concepts and techniques through concise and intuitive examples
• Focuses on understanding by moving distracting formulae and mathematical notation to appendices
• Offers intuition, insights, humor, and practical advice for students of business statistics
• Features coverage of sampling techniques, descriptive statistics, probability, sampling distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, and regression
Written for undergraduate business students, business and economics majors, teachers, and practitioners, A Guide to Business Statistics offers an accessible guide to the key concepts and fundamental principles in statistics.
DAVID M. McEVOY, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Economics Department at Appalachian State University in Boone NC. He has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and is coeditor of two books. Dr. McEvoy is an award-winning educator who has taught undergraduate courses in business statistics for over 10 years.