HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) determines who is certified and thus authorized to use the marks. Implicit in the acceptance of this authorization is an obligation not only to comply with the mandates and requirements of all applicable laws and regulations but also to take responsibility to act in an ethical and professionally responsible manner. Adherence to these standards is expected from all who hold an HR Certification Institute credential and serves to ensure public confidence in the integrity of these individuals.
Those holding an HR Certification Institute credential commit to the following:
As an HR Certification Institute certificant, you are responsible for adding value to the organizations you serve and contributing to the ethical success of those organizations. You accept professional responsibility for your individual decisions and actions. You are also an advocate for the HR profession by engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value. You will:
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
- Measure the effectiveness of human resources in contributing to or achieving organizational goals.
- Comply with the law.
- Work consistently within the values of the profession.
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of service, performance, and social responsibility.
- Advocate for the appropriate use and appreciation of human beings as employees.
- Advocate openly and within ...