By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Define financial analysis and discuss the financial analyst’s role in the organization.
• List at least six financial management responsibilities and three areas of activity to be reported in financial statements.
• Describe how business strategy and the competitive environment affect financial management decisions.
• Identify analytical techniques that the financial analyst can apply to investment, financing, and operational decisions.
• Define the primary goal of financial analysis and describe ...