You have begun to rehearse your monologue. How ‘outrageous’ is it? Ask yourself these questions to try to find out:
1. Would the person (or roomful of people) you are speaking to be embarrassed, either for you or themselves, while listening to it? I am not talking about you embarrassing the auditors; that is a definite no-no. Might your imaginary scene partner(s) be embarrassed because of something you say or are doing?
2. Are you being too personal?
3. Are you being unfair to them?
4. Are you asking too much of them?
5. Are you forced to speak against your will?
6. Are you speaking out of love?
These questions have nothing to do with right and wrong, especially the question of whether you are right ...