1. The provisions of this Part are founded on the following principles, and shall be construed accordingly—
- the object of arbitration is to obtain the fair resolution of disputes by an impartial tribunal without unnecessary delay or expense;
- the parties should be free to agree how their disputes are resolved, subject only to such safeguards as are necessary in the public interest;
- in matters governed by this Part the court should not intervene except as provided by this Part.
2.—(1) The provisions of this Part apply where the seat of the arbitration is in England and Wales or Northern Ireland.
(2) The following sections ...