• Become familiar with well-developed and sharply opposed points of view on sustainability issues
• Develop ability to apply critical thinking skills to the opinions of others
• Develop ability to challenge widely held beliefs and form independent judgments
• Develop an appreciation for the nature and value of evidence in forming an opinion
• Promote personal growth by framing important issues that question assumptions and belief systems
Introduction to Debate as a Learning Tool
Debate, sometimes known as forensics, is a powerful learning tool because it gives us a means to reason our ways through difficult, complex issues. Sustainability certainly fits into that ...