Summary of Drucker’s Principles
This appendix summarizes Drucker’s key principles for your ongoing reference. Principles are listed in the order in which they appear in the book.
1. “Effective leaders get the right things done and you can trust them.”
2. “Trust is the conviction that a leader means what she says.”
3. “Effective leadership . . . is based primarily on being consistent.”
4. “The supreme quality for a leader is unquestionably integrity.”
5. “It is typical of the most successful and durable organizations that they induce in their members an intellectual and moral growth beyond a [person’s] original capacities.”
Management Is a Human Activity
1. “‘Adversity is the test of leadership,’ said ...