This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Overview of Cut-Through Proxy AAA
• Configuring PIX/ASA for Cut-Through Proxy AAA
• Downloadable Access Lists
• Configuring ACS 4.2 to Support Cut-Through Proxy Authentication and Authorization
• Configuring ACS 5.1 to Support Cut-Through Proxy Authentication and Authorization
Traditionally, access control lists (ACLs) have been used to restrict access to network resources. Although effective, ACLs are static in nature. ACLs cannot be used in environments where the source and/or destination address of the traffic is not known or is not static. For example, consider a network where an IP address is assigned dynamically using Dynamic Host Configuration ...