1. The Fundamentals of Web Publishing
IN THIS CHAPTER
• The basics of how the Web works, including the protocols and acronyms you see throughout this book
• The present and future of HTML and XHTML, including exactly what you need to learn
• The fact that HTML isn’t as difficult as programming and, in fact, is surprisingly easy to learn
• Although HTML isn’t programming, Web publishing does offer other levels of complexity, which are discussed here and in later sections of this book
The Internet has quickly become so completely integrated into our lives that there’s no assessing the full nature of its value. Along with email and other technologies, the World Wide Web is a huge part of the Internet phenomenon. However, those Web pages don’t get ...