In This Chapter
• A little sci-fi “micro-fiction”
• The many branching paths of robot evolution
• Humanoids R Us
• Is Mother Nature the ultimate robot builder?
• Robotic evolution through human competition
• Heroes of the Robolution trading cards—collect the whole set
The year is 2008. You’re in your home office working feverishly on your latest book and you’re in dire need of a major snack break. “Dexter, can you come here?” you shout. From the living room, you hear the sound of the vacuum cleaner powering down and the increasingly loud whine of servo motors as your Sony Roboman 3000 lumbers in. “Can you get me a diet soda, the guacamole from the fridge, and that bag of corn ...