In This Chapter
• Create a mod as a new project in NetBeans
• Add the Spigot API to the mod
• Write the Java code to implement the mod
• Configure a mod configuration file
• Organize a mod into the proper files and folders
• Build the mod in NetBeans
• Deploy the mod on a server
• Play the mod-ified Minecraft game
Now that you have a Spigot server for Minecraft set up and running and have installed the NetBeans integrated development environment (IDE), you’re ready to create and deploy a mod.
Mods are special Java programs that run on a Minecraft server. They can’t be run anywhere else.
Writing a mod requires the use of the Spigot API, a set of Java programs that do all of the background work necessary for the program ...