In This Chapter
• Create an array list
• Add and remove items from the list
• Search a list for an object
• Loop through the contents of a list
• Create a hash map of keys and values
• Add and remove items from the map
• Loop through the keys and values of a map
Programmers are hoarders.
In computer programming, you spend a lot of time collecting information and looking for a place to store it. The information can come in the form of a primitive data type, such as a
float, or as an object of a particular class. It can be read from disk, retrieved from an Internet server, entered by a user, or gathered through other means.
After you have the information, you must decide where to put it while a program is ...