18. Spawn a Mob
In This Chapter
• Use Spigot to create a mod
• Design a mod framework
• Respond to a player command
• Generate random numbers
• Work with (x,y,z) locations in the game world
• Spawn a mob at a specified location
• Find the block at a location
• Determine the material of a block
• Customize a chicken
Armed with the Java knowledge that is filling your brain, assuming you didn’t skip past the last 14 chapters, you are ready to put it to use writing Minecraft mods.
One of the strengths of Java is that it employs object-oriented programming, which makes it possible to acquire the capabilities of an existing Java class through inheritance. You inherit the code through the
extends keyword, and everything the existing class does your ...