In This Chapter
• Create more than one type of mob
• Let NetBeans detect and fix errors
• Change a mob’s age from adult to baby
• Make one mob a passenger of another
• Customize a mob with potion effects
• Make a potion effect permanent
The first Minecraft mods you create in this book all involve mobs—the animals and foes who make the game world a more lively place. Spawning a mob and making changes to a mob you encounter in the game are a good starting place for this kind of programming.
Each mob you can encounter in Minecraft can be created and manipulated as an object in Java.
The class names are in the
org.bukkit.entity package and are largely what you’d expect them to be, such as