1. At the time, several thousand dollars for a computer was dirt cheap. You young punks have no idea how good you have it.
2. If you’re ever in a position where you need to prove that you are Alpha Geek amongst the pack, running Unix on a 1998 palmtop will almost certainly do it.
3. Original Trek. End of discussion. Fight me.
4. In the first edition of this book, I neglected to mention exactly how to do a similar Stupid Desktop Trick, which generated more questioning email than any other topic in the whole book. In the second edition, I swore I wouldn’t make that same mistake again but neglected to mention which software package provides the run-around daemons. They say the third time’s the charm.
5. This ugly thing takes ...