QUICK REFERENCE: CAPABILITIES TO DRIVE IMPROVEMENT
Our research has uncovered 24 key capabilities that drive improvements in software delivery performance. This reference will point you to them in the book. A detailed guide is found in Appendix A. They are presented in no particular order.
The capabilities are classified into five categories:
- Continuous delivery
- Product and process
- Lean management and monitoring
CONTINUOUS DELIVERY CAPABILITIES
- Version control: Chapter 4
- Deployment automation: Chapter 4
- Continuous integration: Chapter 4
- Trunk-based development: Chapter 4
- Test automation: Chapter 4
- Test data management: Chapter 4
- Shift left on security: Chapter 6
- Continuous delivery (CD): Chapter 4
ARCHITECTURE CAPABILITIES ...