END OF CHAPTER MATERIAL
- 1. Which of the following best describes the relationship between data and information?
- Data are interpreted information.
- Information is interpreted data.
- Data are more useful than information in decision making.
- Data and information are not related.
- 2. A character is to a field as
- water is to a pool
- a pool is to a swimmer
- a pool is to water
- a glass is to water
- 3. Magnetic tape is a form of
- direct access media
- random access media
- sequential access media
- alphabetical access media
- 4. Which of the following is not an advantage of using real-time data processing?
- Quick response time to support timely record keeping and customer satisfaction
- Efficiency for use with large volumes of data
- Provides for random access of data
- Improved accuracy due to the immediate recording of transactions
- 5. If a company stores data in separate files in its different departmental locations and is able to update all files simultaneously, it would not have problems with
- data redundancy
- industrial espionage
- 6. When the data contained in a database are stored in large, two-dimensional tables, the database is referred to as a
- flat file database
- hierarchical database
- network database
- relational database
- 7. Database management systems are categorized by the data structures they support. In which type of database management system is ...
Get Accounting Information Systems: The Processes and Controls, 2nd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.