At some point, most people have been caught off guard by tough interview questions. This book helps readers take charge of the situation! In Acing the Interview, the employment expert Dr. Phil called "the best of the best" gives job seekers candid advice for answering even the most unexpected questions, including:
You don’t really have as much experience as we would like- why should we hire you?
How many hours in your previous job did you have to work each week to get everything done?
What do you consider most valuable-a high salary, job recognition, or advancement?
The book also arms readers with questions to ask prospective employers that could prevent their making a big job mistake:
What would you say are the worst parts of this job?
What are the major problems facing the company and this department?
Why aren’t you promoting from within?
Taking readers through the entire process, from the initial interview to evaluating a job offer, and even into salary negotiation, Acing the Interview is a no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners guide to interview success.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Part I today’s hiring authority and you
- Chapter 1 What Today’s Job Seekers Need to Know About Themselves and Their Competition
- Chapter 2 What Today’s Job Seekers Need to Know About Today’s Hiring Authorities and Their Companies
- Chapter 3 How and with Whom to Get an Interview
- Chapter 4 Important Reminders About Interviews
- Chapter 5 Acing the Initial Interview
- Chapter 6 Supporters: Great Assets or Your Worst Nightmare
- PART II The Four Types of Qualifying Questions
PART III Asking Your Own Questions of Yourself, Your Recruiter, and Your Potential Employer
- Chapter 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Even Before the Interviewing Process
- Chapter 13 Questions to Ask Before the Initial Interview
- Chapter 14 Questions to Ask in the Initial Interview
- Chapter 15 Questions to Ask Yourself After Each Interview
- Chapter 16 Questions to Ask in Interviews Beyond the Initial Interview
- Chapter 17 Questions You Can Ask at the Time of an Offer
- Chapter 18 Questions You Must Ask Yourself When You Get an Offer
- Chapter 19 Reference Checking Your Next Employer
- Appendix Some Important Lists for Job Hunters
- About the Author
- Title: Acing the Interview
- Release date: January 2008
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814409527
You might also like
The Stay Interview
It's the worst sort of surprise: A valued and seemingly happy employee gives his notice. Can …
High-Impact Interview Questions
"Tell me about a time...." The words evoke a child's fairy-tale innocence. Yet when used by …
The, Interview Book, 3rd Edition
James Innes is the Managing Director of The CV Centre, the UK’s leading CV consultancy. James …
Brilliant Interview, 3rd Edition
Congratulations- you’ve got the interview. Now how will you get the job? Brilliant Interviewwill equip you …