Key Points and Questions
- Work with business leaders to embed the fact-based decision making into their processes.
- Establish cross-functional/regional collaboration to properly leverage actionable intelligence.
- Break down the silos, access your own data.
- Is your governance structure giving you the money or asking you the question first?
- How do you persuade sponsors to put money on the table?
- Don't become mired in cost discussions. The visibility will bring many more benefits than cost, both hard measurable benefits and soft ones.
- Portion of your life are online; should you be concerned?
- Data security: How do you guard against spies and breaches?
This statement by Helgerson should give pause to every business leader, every human resources person, and every change agent. The U.S. government on boards incoming presidents long before they take office, providing them with intelligence, which they can turn into action on the first day they take office. This is the gold standard for bringing new staff onboard at any level. The president is trained on the process, method, and purpose of his role as a decision maker before his first day.