Learn ActionScript 3.0 the fun way, by creating 16 great games: real, robust games - not just "web toys"!
Highly-rated ActionScript tutorial, now with seven new 3D and card games!
Code and techniques easily adaptable to training, advertising, and more
For Flash artists learning ActionScript, Flash programmers seeking to create games, and upgraders from ActionScript 1.0/2.0.
Includes a chapter on developing games in Flash for the iPhone!
Gary Rosenzweig's ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, Second Edition is the best hands-on tutorial for learning ActionScript 3.0, the programming language behind Flash Professional CS5. You will master all the basics of ActionScript programming by building 16 robust games. One step at a time, you'll learn techniques (and get tested code) that can be adapted to virtually any project, from games to training and advertising. The first edition earned widespread raves; Rosenzweig has now updated it with seven brand-new games that teach even more valuable ActionScript 3.0 skills and techniques. You will first learn how Flash and ActionScript 3.0 work together, the elements of an ActionScript program, and how to build a basic game framework with ActionScript. Next, Rosenzweig walks you through building the full spectrum of ActionScript games, including brain games, animation-based games, picture puzzles, games based on direction and movement, casual games, word games, Q and A games, action games, game worlds, and more. This edition adds new chapters on card games and 3D games, with High-Low, Video Poker, Blackjack, 3D Paddle Ball, 3D Scavenger Hunt, and two other new projects.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Using Flash and ActionScript 3.0
- 2. ActionScript Game Elements
- 3. Basic Game Framework: A Matching Game
- 4. Brain Games: Memory and Deduction
- 5. Game Animation: Shooting and Bouncing Games
- 6. Picture Puzzles: Sliding and Jigsaw
- 7. Direction and Movement: Air Raid II, Space Rocks, and Balloon Pop
- 8. Casual Games: Match Three and Collapsing Blocks
- 9. Word Games: Hangman and Word Search
- 10. Questions and Answers: Trivia and Quiz Games
- 11. Action Games: Platform Games
- 12. Game Worlds: Driving and Racing Games
- 13. Card Games: Higher or Lower, Video Poker, and Blackjack
- 14. 3D Games: Target Practice, Racing Game, and Dungeon Adventure
- 15. Building Games for the iPhone
- Title: ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, Second Edition
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780789747327
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …