Chapter 2. Managing User and Computer Objects
In the previous chapter, we got familiarized with a list of tools required for managing Active Directory using PowerShell. Now, let's get started with actual management tasks and feel the real power of automation. This chapter enables you to learn automation of a few user and computer account-related operations.
This chapter mainly focuses on accomplishing the following tasks using PowerShell:
- Creating new user and computer accounts
- Modifying user and computer objects
- Enabling or disabling user and computer accounts
- Moving user and computer accounts
- Deleting user and computer accounts
Managing user accounts
Active Directory is all about users and computers. Each user in the organization will have at least ...