Activiti in Action is a comprehensive tutorial designed to introduce developers to the world of business process modeling using Activiti. Before diving into the nuts and bolts of Activiti, this book presents a solid introduction to BPMN 2.0 from a developer's perspective.
About the Technology
Activiti streamlines the implemention of your business processes: with Activiti Designer you draw your business process using BPMN. Its XML output goes to the Activiti Engine which then creates the web forms and performs the communications that implement your process. It’s as simple as that. Activiti is lightweight, integrates seamlessly with standard frameworks, and includes easy-to-use design and management tools.
About the Book
Activiti in Action introduces developers to business process modeling with Activiti. You’ll start by exploring BPMN 2.0 from a developer’s perspective. Then, you’ll quickly move to examples that show you how to implement processes with Activiti. You’ll dive into key areas of process modeling, including workflow, ESB usage, process monitoring, event handling, business rule engines, and document management integration.
Written for business application developers. Familiarity with Java and BPMN is helpful but not required.
Activiti from the ground up
Dozens of real-world examples
Integrate with standard Java tooling
About the Author
Tijs Rademakers is a senior software engineer specializing in open source BPM, lead developer of Activiti Designer, and member of the core Activiti development team. He’s the coauthor of Manning’s Open Source ESBs in Action.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Foreword by Tom Baeyens
- Foreword by Joram Barrez
- About this Book
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Introducing BPMN 2.0 and Activiti
- Chapter 1. Introducing the Activiti framework
- Chapter 2. BPMN 2.0: what’s in it for developers?
- Chapter 3. Introducing the Activiti tool stack
- Chapter 4. Working with the Activiti process engine
- Part 2. Implementing BPMN 2.0 processes with Activiti
- Chapter 5. Implementing a BPMN 2.0 process
- Chapter 6. Applying advanced BPMN 2.0 and extensions
- Chapter 7. Dealing with error handling
- Chapter 8. Deploying and configuring the Activiti Engine
- Chapter 9. Exploring additional Activiti modules
- Part 3. Enhancing BPMN 2.0 processes
- Chapter 10. Implementing advanced workflow
- Chapter 11. Integrating services with a BPMN 2.0 process
- Chapter 12. Ruling the business rule engine
- Chapter 13. Document management using Alfresco
- Chapter 14. Business monitoring and Activiti
- Part 4. Managing BPMN 2.0 processes
- Chapter 15. Managing the Activiti Engine
- Appendix A. Working with the source code
- Appendix B. BPMN 2.0 supported elements in Activiti
- Inside front cover
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Activiti in Action: Executable business processes in BPMN 2.0
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617290121