Video descriptionThis critically-acclaimed interactive training program from Adobe Press offers exceptional quality high-definition video to teach the fundamentals of Adobe Dreamweaver CC.
Table of contents
- This chapter offers an introduction to the October 2015 release of Dreamweaver CC. You'll learn what it is and how it works. This chapter also includes an overview of what's covered in this video course.
- If you're new to web development, this chapter covers basic knowledge required to start working with Dreamweaver.
In this chapter you'll be introduced to the Dreamweaver interface, including the Welcome screen, the Document window, and panels. You'll also learn how to define a site in Dreamweaver, organize your workspace, and set up your preferences.
- Exploring the Preset Workspaces 00:01:30
- Creating Folders 00:02:39
- Defining a Site in Dreamweaver 00:02:13
- Creating New Documents 00:03:12
- Using a Predefined Layout 00:01:32
- Organizing Files Within a Site 00:00:56
- Exploring the Document Window 00:06:06
- Editing Attributes and Text in Live View 00:00:48
- Viewing and Editing Values in the Property Inspector 00:01:22
- Using the Tag Selector 00:01:12
- Selecting and Manipulating HTML with the DOM Panel 00:01:25
- Using the CSS Designer 00:05:15
- Changing the Look of Code View 00:01:32
- Changing Dreamweaver Preferences 00:04:14
- In this chapter you'll learn how to create text content and format it both working directly in the Document window and importing text from a Microsoft Word document in preparation for styling it with CSS and adding images from a layout created in Adobe Photoshop.
- This chapter explains how to make text in your web pages look more distinctive by styling it with CSS and using web fonts.
- Whether you create the design for your website in Photoshop or simply style it directly in Dreamweaver, you need to build the basic structure and layout first. This chapter takes you step by step through adding the HTML5 structural elements and creating the two column layout for the case study.
- This chapter explores the various types of links you can add to your site and how to style them.
The new Extract panel is one of the greatest new features of this release of Dreamweaver. With it, you can easily extract images and CSS styles. This chapter covers the process in detail.
- Choosing the Right Image Format 00:07:20
- Introducing the Extract Panel 00:03:57
- Setting Extract Preferences 00:02:32
- Dragging and Dropping an Image from a Photoshop Comp 00:02:46
- Using the Extract Panel to Download an Image 00:02:34
- Copying and Pasting Styles into the CSS Designer 00:03:43
- Using Code Hints to Extract CSS 00:04:12
- This chapter explores techniques for working with images. You'll learn about inserting images, adding captions, and doing quick edits.
- The CSS Designer in this version of Dreamweaver CC has been improved to a great degree. This chapter covers some of the new capabilities.
- CSS positioning lets you fix the position of an element with pinpoint accuracy, but it can be difficult to understand. This chapter explains the subtleties of fixed, relative, and absolute positioning.
- This chapter explains how you can introduce greater variety to your layouts using CSS transforms to rotate and scale elements. You'll also learn how to use Dreamweaver's CSS Transitions panel to create smooth transitions from one state to another when hovering over an element.
- Dreamweaver's Inspect Mode and Code Navigator are useful tools for inspecting CSS and troubleshooting problems. This chapter also explains the rules governing which styles take precedence when there's a conflict.
- This chapter shows how to adapt the case study as a responsive web design using CSS media queries to deliver different styles to mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers depending on the width of the browser viewport.
- HTML tables should not be used for page layout because they cause accessibility problems. However, they're ideal for presenting structured data, as this chapter demonstrates.
- In this chapter we'll look at online forms. You'll learn about the different types of input elements and how to style a form.
- The moment of truth comes when you publish your site and share it with the world. In this chapter you'll learn how to prepare for publishing by running site reports and validating and testing your code, then actually deploying your website to a server.
- Title: Adobe Dreamweaver CC Learn by Video (2015 release)
- Release date: November 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134394429
You might also like
The Complete Excel Guide: Beginners to Advanced
Everyone knows that the Microsoft Office suite is used by millions worldwide. Unlocking its full potential …
Practical Python: Learn Python Basics Step by Step - Python 3
Python is one of the most popular programming languages and gives a lot of scope and …
Understanding APIs and RESTful APIs Crash Course
This course will help you understand what APIs and RESTful APIs are and how they work. …
Almost 3 Hours of Video Instruction Description Learning SQL LiveLessons Skill Level Beginner Intermediate What You …