Get full access to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Training from the Source and 60K+ other titles, with free 10-day trial of O'Reilly.
There's also live online events, interactive content, certification prep materials, and more.
In this lesson, you will:
• See how a database stores information
• Understand the principles behind efficient database structure
• Explore the different data types stored in MySQL
• Define the database table for a user registration system
• Understand the effect of collation on how database records are sorted
• Pick the appropriate database engine
• Create MySQL user accounts and assign privileges
• Import existing data from an external file
This lesson takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
Having a content management system like WordPress build a database for ...
Get Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Training from the Source now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.
Get Mark Richards’s Software Architecture Patterns ebook to better understand how to design components—and how they should interact.