Want to use an Adobe tool to design animated web graphics that work on iPhone and iPad? You’ve come to the right book. Adobe Edge Preview 3: The Missing Manual shows you how to build HTML5 graphics using simple visual tools. No programming experience? No problem. Adobe Edge writes the underlying code for you. With this eBook, you’ll be designing great-looking web elements in no time.
- Get to know the workspace. Learn how Adobe Edge Preview 3 performs its magic.
- Create and import graphics. Make drawings with Edge’s tools, or use art you designed in other programs.
- Work with text. Build menus, label buttons, provide instructions, and perform other tasks.
- Jump into animation. Master Edge’s elements, properties, and timeline panels.
- Make it interactive. Use triggers and actions to give users control over their web experience.
- Peek behind the curtain. Understand how HTML and CSS documents work.
Bestselling author Chris Grover has more than 25 years experience in graphic design and electronic media. He excels in making complex technology fun and easy to learn. In Adobe Edge Preview 3: The Missing Manual, he continues the winning formula of Flash CS5.5: The Missing Manual and Google SketchUp: The Missing Manual.
Table of contents
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
- The Missing Credits
1. Working with the Stage
- 1. Introducing Adobe Edge
2. Working with Art
- Setting the Stage
- Creating Art in Edge
- Aligning, Distributing, and Arranging Elements
- A Rectangular Animation
- Rounded Rectangles: More than Meets the Eye
- Importing Art
3. Working with Text
- Adding Text to Your Project
- Changing Text-Specific Properties
- Changing Other Text Properties
- Making That Headline Drop In
- Dealing with the Template
- Add Some Bounce
- Adding Links to Text
- HTML Tags in Edge
2. Animation with Edge
4. Learning Timeline and Transition Techniques
- Introducing the Timeline
- Understanding Elements’ Timeline Controls
- Using Timeline Keyboard Shortcuts
- Creating Transitions
5. Triggering Actions
- Elements, Triggers, and Actions
- Triggering Actions in Other Elements
- Triggers and Actions for the Stage and Timeline
- Timeline Triggers and Tricks
- Sliding Show Revisited
- Non-Linear Thinking and Design
- Triggers for iPhones and Androids
- 4. Learning Timeline and Transition Techniques
- 6. Understanding HTML and CSS
- Natural Selection the jQuery Way
- “this” is a Special Word
- Swapping Images in Edge
- Other Uses for Rollovers
- 4. Appendix
- About the Author
- Title: Adobe Edge Preview 3: The Missing Manual
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449316914
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …