11. Architecture Basics
As a marketer, your primary concern is not going to be server architecture. Those problems are typically reserved for the tech folks. However, you should know how some of this backend tech works, so you can speak intelligently with your solution partner and support team. In this chapter you’ll discover:
• The difference between an “author” and a “publish” instance of AEM
• How you make your content public
• What server clustering is and why you would use it
• What the Dispatcher is and why it is used
• Some common server architectures used in AEM implementations
By the end of this chapter, you should understand the basics of AEM architecture. You won’t be a system administrator, but you’ll be able to talk shop better ...