Making selections on a bitmap image is an important component of working with bitmaps. Bitmap selections isolate a specific area for alteration, protecting all other areas from being affected. For example, you might want to brighten a dark part of an image. Without a selection, this change in pixel brightness would be applied to the entire photo. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
• Make specific areas of an image active using selection tools
• Create a selection with the Magic Wand tool
• Adjust the edge of a bitmap selection
• Apply corrective filters to a selection
• Make complex selections using the Lasso and Magic Wand tools
• Modify a bitmap selection
• Save a bitmap selection ...