Fireworks has its roots in web graphics. And with web graphics, you have to balance quality and file size. Optimization reduces the amount of time a web browser takes to download and display those images.
In previous lessons, you learned the basics of working with graphics in Fireworks. Now you’ll apply those skills to creating and optimizing assets for web pages, and for web-page creation itself. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
• Export a single image to a web-ready format
• Determine the optimal web format for a sliced graphic
• Use the Optimize panel and Preview views to optimize images
• Slice up graphics in a web-page mockup using the Slice tool
• Create a rollover effect using ...