Lesson 9: Breaking the Application into Components
What You Will Learn
In this lesson, you will:
• Understand the need for components and how they can fit into an application architecture
• Understand the Flex class hierarchy
• Build both visual and non-visual components
• Instantiate and use custom components
• Create properties and methods in custom components
This lesson takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
You have used many components while building the application to its current state. Every time you use an MXML tag, you are using a component. In fact, Flex is considered to be a component-based development model. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to create your own components. The custom components you build will ...