Lesson 10: Using DataGroups and Lists
What You Will Learn
In this lesson, you will:
• Populate a List control with a dataset
• Populate a DataGroup with a dataset and display the information using a renderer
• Create an MXML component to be used as a renderer
• Use the Generate Getter/Setter wizard
• Learn about virtualization
• Respond to a user’s selection from a list
This lesson takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
In this lesson, you’ll develop your skill in working with datasets. A dataset is really nothing but several data elements consolidated in a single object, like an Array, XMLList, ArrayCollection, or XMLListCollection. Up to this point, you’ve learned a few ways to display, manipulate, or loop over these ...