4 ORGANIZING YOUR CONTENT
Once you’ve captured or imported your content, you can drag it to
the My Project panel from either the Organizer or Project view in
the Edit workspace. Why two locations? Because as you’ll read in this
chapter, each has its own unique strengths.
For example, the Organizer is ideal for tagging your clips for easy
search and retrieval, for creating Instant Movies, and for creating
albums to back up to Photoshop.com. Project view works well when
you’d like to sort and trim your clips before adding them to the
Sceneline or Timeline.
Fast and eﬃ cient movie production is all about organization. In this
lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
• Manually tag your clips in the Organizer
• Apply Smart Tagging in the Organizer
• Create an Album for backing up your projects to Photoshop.com
• Create an InstantMovie using manual and Smart Tagging
• Create a “rough cut” of your movie in Project view
• Trim clips using the Preview window in Project view
• Drag clips to the My Project panel from either the Organizer or
is lesson will take approximately 2 hours.
Collecting assets in the Organizer.