Video descriptionThis critically acclaimed training program from Adobe Press offers high-definition video to teach the fundamentals of Premiere Pro CC. Experienced instructor Maxim Jago presents a comprehensive introduction to Premiere Pro, including best practices as well as concepts that are fundamental non-linear video editing. Covered topics include working with imported media, timelines, transitions and special effects, and outputting files to various formats, and how to work within the Creative Cloud. Crucial to the training are optimized teaching methods, practical tips, and the focus on learning by doing with project files.
Table of contents
- In this chapter you'll be introduced to the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro, a powerful and user-friendly nonlinear editing system. It provides a comprehensive toolset of fast cutting shortcuts, advanced finishing effects and audio mixing controls.
- All of your creative choices are stored in a Premiere Pro project file, which makes it a pretty important file! This chapter walks you through the process of creating a new project and describes the important settings you'll encounter.
- Whatever kind of project you're working on, you'll be importing media from a variety of sources. This chapter introduces the different ways to bring your media into Premiere Pro.
- Once you have all of your media files imported into a Premiere Pro project, it's important to get organized. This chapter gives you some tips.
- The major part of any edit is selecting clips, choosing the parts you want, and adding them to a sequence with other clips. This chapter gives you the core skills you need to get cutting!
- Premiere Pro provides several ways to display and manage your clips, including special markers you can use to leave yourself messages, or just highlight a section you want to use later. This chapter guides you through some useful approaches to managing clips.
- Technically, a transition is any change from one clip to another clip, even just a straight cut, but there are many special effect transitions available in Premiere Pro. This chapter shows you how to work with them and introduces some of the core concepts relating to special effects work.
Once you understand the basics, it's time to start learning some of the more powerful editing features in Premiere Pro. This chapter will take you to the next level of editing skills.
- Changing the Playback Speed of Clips 00:08:46
- Changing Clip Opacity 00:07:26
- Adjusting Playback Speed over Time 00:07:08
- Replacing Clips on the Timeline 00:08:23
- Nesting a Sequence 00:08:56
- Trimming on the Timeline 00:08:39
- The Trim Mode and Trim Monitor 00:08:41
- Trimming Keyboard Shortcuts 00:04:35
- JKL Trimming 00:05:12
- Timeline Tools 00:08:01
- In addition to playing back and combining clips to produce a sequence, you might also want to animate their location onscreen over time, or to scale or to rotate them. This chapter introduces the fixed effects and shows you the core special effects controls in Premiere Pro.
- While it's common to perform a live video mix on location or in a studio, you can also use Premiere Pro to perform a similar live edit using media files on your hard drive. This feature has been enhanced in this latest release, making it easier to set up your multicamera edit, and faster to make adjustments.
- Audio is extremely important to the final result of almost any production. This chapter introduces some core concepts for working with audio and gives an overview of the excellent tools available in Premiere Pro to sweeten the sound of your project.
- Beyond basic adjustments to audio level and clip pan, Premiere Pro has an impressive list of dedicated audio effects to improve the quality of, or perhaps add some creative adjustments to, your project. This chapter introduces the simple workflow you need to add effects to your audio.
- Premiere Pro has a powerful special effects system that can show you many effects right away, without waiting for your computer to calculate how they'll look. This chapter introduces you to some of the core techniques you'll use again and again to add a professional finish to your projects.
- One of the most common special effects editors use all the time is color correction. This chapter introduces some industry-standard terms and techniques you'll be able to use with multiple editing systems.
- In addition to combining clips in time, you'll often want to layer them, creating composite special effects from multiple parts of your clips. This chapter will introduce you to tools that make blending, layering, and partially hiding your video clips quick and easy.
- Titles are a staple addition to video and film media. They can add both functional information and an aesthetic finish to your media. This chapter introduces the Premiere Pro Title Designer.
- It's easy to lose track of your media assets while working on an edit, and before you know it, you've forgotten where you put that one clip you need... This chapter will give you some practical advice on staying in control.
- Once your project is complete, it's time to share it. You might output to a master tape, files for distribution, or the Internet. This chapter describes the many ways you can show your work.
- This is a major new release for Premiere Pro. This short chapter describes some of the most significant new tools and techniques for your creative work.
- Title: Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Learn by Video
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0133477533
You might also like
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
CSS Bootcamp: Master CSS (Including CSS Grid/Flexbox)
If you want to learn how to create modern real-world websites using pure CSS, then this …
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) RHEL 9
14+ Hours of Video Instruction Description Learn, practice, and then validate your skills with this 14-hour …
Oracle Database Administration from Zero to Hero
In this course, we cover a wide range of topics to ensure you have a solid …