This is the ultimate guide for those who want to move beyond AdWords basics to learn and apply the advanced techniques and tactics that Google's expert consultant teaches to Fortune 500 companies in his seminars. Advanced Google AdWords will provide deep insight into AdWords' functionality and advanced features, explaining how they work and providing tips, tactics, and hands-on tutorials that readers can immediately use on their own PPC campaigns.
Improve Your Profits and Strategies
While this book gives advanced insight into every aspect of using AdWords to create and manage successful marketing campaigns, this books two mantra words are profits and strategies.
Advanced Google AdWords will help you create strategies to improve many aspects of your marketing including:
- Choosing and organizing keywords based upon user intent so your ads and landing pages are always relevant to the searcher.
- Controlling under which conditions your ad shows so you can save money and increases your conversion rate.
- Write ads that increase not just click-through-rates and profits
- Understanding quality score so that you can monitor and increase your quality score
- Learn how to set bids based upon ROI, time of day, profits, geography, and more
- Strategies for organizing your account based upon your goals
- Conversion tracking strategies to learn what parts of your account lead to sales
- Master testing ad copy and landing pages
- Follow step-by-step instructions to create action plans so you can easily monitor and manage your campaigns.
- Learn how to tame the content network so you can profitable expand your advertising goals.
Advanced Google AdWords is the ultimate step-by-step guide for developing advanced AdWords expertise. It is detailed, in-depth, and full of insights, techniques, tips, tactics and fascinating real-world case studies. The book will have very high visibility in the PPC community as it will feature a foreword from a Google AdWords insider, an AdWords coupon, and praise quotes from PPC industry notables.
Inside you will receive your free bonuses:
- A $25 coupon for Google AdWords
- Up to $50 off any officially supported Google AdWords Seminar for Success hosted by Brad Geddes
- Up to $100 off CertifiedKnowledge.com's online training and tools program
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Praise for Advanced Google AdWords
- Publisher's Note
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Understanding Search Theory
- Chapter 2: Keyword Research
- Chapter 3: Keyword Tools: Extracting Valuable Data from Google
Chapter 4: Writing Compelling Ads
- Do Your Ads Reflect the Search Query?
- Writing Effective Ads
- Following Google’s Editorial Guidelines
- Developing Unique Selling Propositions
- Distinguishing Features and Benefits
- Employing Themes That Get Clicks
- Following the Law: Trademarks
- The Quest for the Holy Grail of Advertising
- Best Practices for Writing Compelling Ads
- Chapter 5: Landing Pages That Convert Searchers into Buyers
- Chapter 6: Advanced Optimization Techniques
Chapter 7: Demystifying Quality Score
- What Is Quality Score?
- Viewing Your Quality Score
- Landing Page Quality: Making Your Pages Relevant
- Estimating Your First Page Bid
- Understanding the Content Network Quality Score
- Creating Highly Relevant Ad Groups
- What to Do if Your Quality Score Drops
- Quality Score FAQs
- Best Practices for Optimizing Quality Scores
- Chapter 8: Beyond Text: Image, Video, and Mobile Ads
Chapter 9: Understanding the Content Network
- What Is the Content Network?
- Creating a Successful Content Network Campaign
- Smart Pricing: Why Cost per Conversion Is the Best Metric to Measure Success
- Learning How the Content Network Is Performing for You
- Managing Automatic Placements
- Placement Targeting: Choosing Which Content Sites Display Your Ads
- Best Practices for the Content Network
- Chapter 10: Advanced Content Network Techniques
- Chapter 11: Advanced Geographic Targeting
- Chapter 12: Save Time and Scale Accounts with the AdWords Editor
Chapter 13: Profitable Bid Strategies
- Setting Your Marketing Goals
- Measuring Results with Google’s Conversion Tracking Code
- AdWords Bidding Options
- Profitable Bidding Strategies
- Calculating Your Max CPC
- Position Preference: Controlling Where Your Ad Is Displayed
- Ad Scheduling: Automatically Changing Bids by Time Periods
- Understanding Attribution Management
- Examining AdWords Reports to Make ROI Bid Decisions
- Best Practices for Utilizing Profitable Bid Strategies
- Chapter 14: Successful Account Organization Strategies
- Chapter 15: Testing Techniques That Will Increase Profits
- Chapter 16: AdWords Reports: How to Extract Actionable Information
- Chapter 17: Step by Step: Create and Monitor Your AdWords Account
- Title: Advanced Google AdWords™
- Release date: April 2010
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9780470500231