You’re a junior developer with a couple of years of Java under your belt and you’ve hit the Java wall of mystery. The knowledge blocker where complex concepts like concurrency and network programming or generics and collections leave you baffled and unable to proceed. In this video, Java wizard Ken Kousen de-mystifies all to transport you to a smarter place. A place where your newfound Java skills work magic into the day-to-day practices of database programming, network programming and back-end web development. Spells uncovered include: generic programming, concurrency, interfaces, inheritance, objects, the new I/O packages, working with relational databases, networking, testing, inner classes, and the new features of Java 8. Put on your cape and zoom.
- Become masterful at complex Java concepts like concurrency and network programming
- Use your new Java skills to program databases, network systems, and back-end web applications
- Understand interfaces, inheritance, and objects; generics and collections; and the new I/O packages
- Learn about the Java Persistence API and how to integrate JDBC classes with relational databases
- Practice testing with JUnit and discover how to implement inner classes
- Explore newly released Java 8 features such as lambdas, streams, and the Java.Time package
JavaOne Rock Star award winner Ken Kousen is a Java mentor whose taught thousands of developers over the past decade. He runs Kousen IT, a Java technical training and consulting company. He’s the author of the Manning book “Making Java Groovy”, the O’Reilly book “Gradle Recipes for Android” ; and the writer/presenter of eight O’Reilly video courses on topics related to Groovy, Android, and Spring. He holds two BS degrees from M.I.T., an MS and a Ph.D. from Princeton, and an MS in Computer Science from R.P.I.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Course 00:05:07
- Part 1: Interfaces, Inheritance, and Objects
- Part 2: Generics and Collections
- Part 3: The New I/O Packages
- Part 4: Concurrency in Java
- Part 5: Working with Relational Databases
- Part 6: Networking
- Part 7: Testing with JUnit
- Part 8: Inner Classes
- Part 9: New Features in Java 8
- Summary 00:02:54
- Title: Advanced Java Development
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491960400