What’s New for Your Documents in the 2007 Office Suite

Recently, one of the program managers working on the Office Word 2007 team asked me what I think of the 2007 Office system. My answer was that I’m overjoyed with 75 percent of it, I like 85 percent, I’m okay with 95 percent, and I will learn to live with the other 5 percent. He thought this sounded just about right.

You see, there are 400 million users of Microsoft Office worldwide. So, when the folks on the product teams design a new version, they have to try to consider all 400 million of us. No easy task, to say the least. It stands to reason that I might not like a feature that’s an absolute lifesaver to someone else. I might also have come to depend on a feature that only a handful of ...

Get Advanced Microsoft® Office Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.