In this Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting training course, expert author Jason Yoder will take you beyond the basics of Windows PowerShell, teaching you how to create cmdlets, create custom views, and much more. This course is designed for users that are already familiar with PowerShell.
You will start by learning how to create a script and module. From there, Jason will teach you about advanced objects, the PowerShell pipeline, and PowerShell demoting, including how to enable remoting, one-to-one remoting, and one-to-many remoting. This video tutorial also covers finding sources of information and using external information. Finally, you will learn about automating administration, including background jobs, scheduled jobs, and reporting.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have gained an advanced working knowledge of Windows PowerShell. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Introduction And About The Author 00:07:37
- Preparing To Build A Test Environment 00:06:55
- Test Environment - Windows Server 2008 R2 00:12:31
- Test Environment - Windows Server 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 - Part 1 00:02:56
- Test Environment - Windows Server 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 - Part 2 00:05:17
- Test Environment - Windows Server 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 - Part 3 00:03:53
- Installing The Domain Controller 00:05:14
- From Scripting To Modules
- Making Modules Like A Rock Star
- Advanced Objects
- The PowerShell Pipeline
- PowerShell Remoting
- PowerShell Specific To A Product
- Grabbing Data From The Internet
- Automating Administration
- Wrap Up 00:05:15
- Title: Advanced Windows PowerShell Scripting
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771375443