For the later adventures in the book you will need to install
PyGame in order to run the programs. Instructions for installing
PyGame are given here; just find the section for the operating system you are using and follow the steps.
If you are using Windows 8, follow these steps to install
- Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox).
- In the address bar, type
pygame.org/download.shtml and press the Enter key.
- When the page loads, scroll down to the Windows section.
- Click on the
pygame-1.9.1.win32-py2.7.msi link to begin downloading the file (see Figure A-1).
- Wait for the download to complete and then open the file.
- When the installer is open, leave the default choice to Install for all users and click Next.
- Click Next again.
- If you are asked if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Wait for the installer to complete then click Finish.
PyGame is now ready to be used (see Figure A-2).
PyGame on Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, ...