This chapter covers the following topics:
• the relevance of goal-based analysis;
• goal and functional decomposition;
• understanding goal levels;
• using goals to achieve business agility;
• using goals to define iterations and releases.
Agile business analysts need to apply goal decomposition to ensure that the focus of an agile change project is on the delivery of business goals. The ability to understand business goals and then separate them into things that can be logically achieved by the business is necessary for any business to thrive. Achieving this, however, can be problematic as large goals often get divided into functional areas of the business and the original goal can become confused or lost. ...