This chapter covers the following topics:
• the requirements engineering framework;
• planning the requirements approach;
• issues with requirements engineering;
• agile requirements elicitation;
• requirements elicitation techniques;
• the role of business analysis in elicitation.
Understanding the customers’ requirements is a major area of business analysis activity, which requires careful consideration at the outset of a change project. This involves determining how the requirements are to be elicited, and the extent to which they will be defined. While detailed requirements are expected to evolve during agile software development, this is also the case for the other areas of the solution, ...