This chapter covers the following topics:
• benefits of a modelling approach to requirements;
• modelling users and functionality;
• analysing users and roles;
• analysing personas and misuse characters;
• analysing the system context and scope;
• visualising user journeys.
Change projects are usually instigated by managers but their impacts fall, in the main, upon the staff who carry out the operational work. The group of people in this category are usually known as the ‘users’ and this chapter examines the techniques that are used on agile projects to understand their needs and priorities. These techniques, which include persona analysis, use case modelling and user journeys, help to ensure that ...