Appendix B—Scripting Guidelines
Points to be taken care of in scripts are:
- Script should not contain the message boxes, input boxes, etc. or anything that requires manual intervention from the user.
- Proper error handling should be used in all scripts.
- All test case prerequisites should be taken care of in the script.
- Script command failure should be eliminated.
- Only one child window should be opened at a time while playing back the script.
- Very clear status messages should be used, which tell the user whether a particular step in the test cases has passed or failed.
- All requisite transaction ids, statuses, etc. should be provided in the Excel/log, which makes debugging easier in case of script failure.
- Checking of status is required at the ...