Organizations across all industries are attempting to capitalize on the promise of Big Data by using their information assets as a source of competitive advantage. In doing so, they are investing heavily in areas such as analytic tools and new storage capabilities. However, they often neglect the data management layer of the equation: it’s not simply about finding an optimal way to store or analyze the data, but it’s also vital that you prepare and manage the data for consumption. After all, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete, no consumer will trust or use it.
Typically, organizations expend a lot of time on manual data cleaning and vetting to create "master records"—a single, trusted view of an organizational entity such as a customer or supplier—and this is often the area where most help is needed.
This report explains just how powerful machine learning can be when applied directly to the creation of master data records. Known as agile data mastering, this method leverages ML’s speed and flexibility to quickly create accurate master records that can scale across datasets and domains. You’ll learn agile data mastering processes based on the operation of Tamr, an enterprise-scale data unification company that applies human-guided machine learning to this task.
This report explores the:
- Overall importance and many uses of master data records
- Challenge of creating these records in distributed, complex data environments
- Differences between traditional master data management (MDM) and agile data mastering
- Advantages of agile data mastering
- Technology of Tamr, a data unification company that provides agile data mastering solutions
Table of contents
- Foreword by Tom Davenport
- Executive Summary
Agile Data Mastering
- Importance of the Master Record
- Reasons for Data Mastering
- Traditional Approaches to Master Data Management
- What Is Agile Data Mastering?
- Starting Elements
- Title: Agile Data Mastering
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492028451
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …
The Professional Product Owner: Leveraging Scrum as a Competitive Advantage, First Edition
The Professional Product Owner's Guide to Maximizing Value with Scrum "This book presents a method of …
Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
Fully Revised and Updated–Includes New Refactorings and Code Examples “Any fool can write code that a …