There’s a difference between design and creativity. You can’t be a designer without creativity, but you can be creative without being a designer. Anyone with the right aptitude, attitude, can be creative. It’s worth remembering that:
• Inspiration rarely comes in a flash of blinding light.
• Design is not done by some magical creative with mythical powers.
• Good design does not happen by accident.
• Good, simple design is rarely simple to create.
• You needn’t be an artist to be able to design.
• Creativity is a natural ability.
A DESIGN THINKER’S PERSONALITY PROFILE: EMPATHY, INTEGRATIVE THINKING, OPTIMISM, EXPERIMENTALISM, AND COLLABORATION.
—Tim Brown, CEO, IDEO
When starting a project with a shared space and shared goals, ...